Friday, June 26, 2009

Saving Your Money One Way or Another

I found this posting and couldn't believe it. I went to the Real simple website and sure enough the story is there. I broke the door to my dishwasher, walking around in the dark on night, so let me know if you try this and how it works.

You know all those lime stains that build up in your dishwasher? Have you bought those cleaners at the store for $4-$5 a bottle? Sure, they do the trick....but, there is a less expensive way to clean your dishwasher...save those pennies and do it the frugal way!


photo courtesy of Real Simple

Yes, you are seeing correctly....lemonade Kool-Aid! Real Simple magazine says that the citric acid in the Kool-Aid is a pro at wiping out stains. You put the packet into your dishwasher soap dispenser in an empty dishwasher. Run through a cycle. And whalla!! For a whopping 10 cents you can have a stain-free dishwasher! Oh, and lemonade Kool-Aid is the only flavor of Kool-Aid that works. :)

Granted, it doesn't clean it perfectly but it does do a mighty fine job at wiping out stains. Try it! It works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment