Friday, June 19, 2009

Beer Rebate Info

I have heard about the beer rebates and have even looked for them but with no success. I was talking to a new friend who said that the beer rebates are her favorite 'coupons' to use. I asked where she gets them and her reply really should not be a surprise, 'Ebay'. I just got left the Ebay site after purchasing my first two rebates. Then I thought I should have a bit more info for all of my friends before I go singing their praises. I googled 'beer rebates' and found this story on ksl.com:

Beer companies paying for consumers' groceries
November 19th, 2008 @ 10:14pm
By Courtney Orton

Your next trip to the grocery store could cost you nothing, thanks to beer companies. Tonight we have information on how to shop on beer companies' tabs.

Jaclyn England

You don't have to drink it. You don't even have to buy it. But you do have to find a beer rebate to start getting checks in the mail from beer companies.

It's a discovery Jaclyn England made a year ago when she found a stack of beer rebates at the grocery store.

"Some of them say: ‘You must purchase this such-and-such beer.' But the great thing about Utah is that it says: ‘No beer purchase required in the state of Utah,'" England explained.

England started using them, and she's been getting money in the mail ever since. "Frequently, I'll tell my husband, ‘Tonight's dinner is sponsored to us in part by Bud.' Because Budweiser buys our food half the time," she said.

Pizza, crab legs, chicken wings, deli meats and cheeses, sandwiches, bottled water; you name it, as long as it shows up on a beer rebate, England throws it in her cart.

"You can get kind of creative with it. You can get like a Papa Murphy's take-and-bake, or like the rotisserie chickens from Costco, places like that; and as long as you're spending at least $15 worth, you get $15 back," England explained.

The beer companies are banking that if you're buying those items, you'll also be buying some brew.

"What they're doing is linking their beer brand with other really positive things that you might do to celebrate: a football game, a party, a holiday," said Peggy Lander, with Richter7 advertising.

It's easier than couponing, and there's no cutting and no clipping. "There's no looking for this specific brand and making sure that you're buying the right size and the right brand. It's anything you want," England said.

The rebates aren't always where you'll notice them. "Most of us breeze right by them. But if you keep your eyes open, you can get a lot of great deals and a lot of free items," England said.

Most of the time they're not in the beer aisle. "They're usually on a display. There's usually a stack of beer and then a poster with them on there," England said.

England says she gets $50 to $200 worth of free food a month, and she finds other rebates that save her even more money every month.

For more information on the additional rebates England uses, CLICK HERE.

As you are looking at the rebates on Ebay MAKE SURE you notice the states that the rebate is valid in, not all are valid in Utah. Also check the expiration date as well. The first one I bought is for a $10 rebate on steak/seafood from Budweiser. I love to eat steak anyhow! The second one I bought is from Heineken which will give me $10 on the purchase of a $25 gift card or $20 with the purchase of a $50 gift card. Hello! I will go buy my grocery gift card then purchase what I need with that gift card, mail in my receipt on the gift card and free money arrives in my mail. Why haven't I been doing this all along? There are different deals on these rebates and they do state one per address. I will let you know how sucessful this new demension of saving goes for me. Remember in Utah you do not have to purchase the beer to use the rebates.

No comments:

Post a Comment