Friday, January 15, 2010

Help for Haiti


I can hardly stand to watch the news, I am a major bawl baby. All those poor people who are suffering and losing loved ones and their homes. I wish there was more I could personally do, but I am giving you a link to have funds donated. Many bloggers are donating money to help add to the relief of those in Haiti. You just have to leave a comment and they will donate money on our behalf.

Money Saving Mom
has organized and is hosting this event. Please visit her blog as there are more opportunities to donate!

No one understands tight financial times more than I do, but I believe that we can all do something to help. I am grateful that I belong to a church who is always one of the first responders to any world crisis.

KUTV is partnering with the American Red Cross to raise money for the relief efforts in Haiti.
There are three ways you can help in their day-long donation drive:

By Phone:
All you have to do is call and someone will take your donation over the phone. The numbers are 801-908-0680 or 877-908-0680. Volunteers will be taking donations all day until 6 p.m.

By Text:
Any cell phone user who wishes to help can simply text “HAITI” to “90999” to make a $10 donation to Red Cross. The donation will be charged to your cell phone bill. There is no fee for this service. You can donate even if you are out of your allotted texts or even if you do not have a text messaging plan.

On Line:
Visit www.utahredcross.org

Money raised will be given to the International Response Fund for Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment