Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dough Enhancers for making Delicious Bread: Food Storage Recipes


I am on the quest to make the perfect sandwich bread for my family. Half of us love white and the other half love wheat, so I need to perfect both types. My mom had given me some gluten and dough enhancer a while back and they really help your loaves turn out beautiful. The down side for me is that dough enhancer is expensive. I have found a really good 4 minute Vlog at Everyday Food Storage which details why you might want to use a dough enhancer and how to make it yourself inexpensively.
She also has a Vlog on Making Bread, I will be watch this one after work today. I am also attaching her Bread Making Q&A posting. One thing I really like about her blog and recipes is that she is using food storage items. She is teaching us to use our storage more so that rotation happens and we save money while stocking up ourselves.

I will report back on how using her recipes and techniques work for me.
Have a great day!

P.S. I know some of you out there have probably already perfected your families homemade bread. Please share your tips and recipes with us. Post a comment or email me at survivingrecession101@gmail.com and I will make it a guest post. Thanks, Shiree

No comments:

Post a Comment