Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Smith's Double Coupon Deals


I have to say that I am personally happy with Smith's coupon doubling program. If this is going to be a regular thing for them then It won't hurt so much that Albertsons will no longer be around.
I went through all of my coupons and cut everything that I may need/want and divided them into two envelopes, food & non food items, and went down every isle at Smith's. I purchased all of the items that I needed, most of these items I was getting for at least half price. I did get the items that I usually don't pick up if they were more than half off with my coupons. I now have a three months supply of deodorant for three of us for about the price of two regular priced sticks, that's a WOW for me. No, I didn't get the usual brand but I'm happy to have the supply.
Another stock up I'm happy to have is cleaning supplies. So many of the coupons I had from my Sunday newspaper inserts were for $1 off, with the doubling that made each item $2 off. My purchases were less than half of their retail price, which we never have to pay when we plan ahead and buy on these types of sales. I didn't get any laundry soap or dish washing soap because I am already stocked up on those items but I did see that you can get good prices on these items with your coupons.
I was able to get free Crest toothpaste and $.50 tooth brushes as well.

I really think that if you need the item then it is a good deal. If your buying it because it's a great savings but your not sure if you'll use it then don't pick it up. I left several coupons sitting with the product on the shelf because I knew it wasn't a good deal for my family but perhaps someone else needs it.

My total savings was $87.81 and I paid $62.99. I also received a 15 cent discount on my next gas purchase. It has a 100 gallon limit so I am going to fill up both vehicles at the same time to maximize my additional savings.

Check out how much the Utah Deal Diva saved at Smith's. This is amazing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment