Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bountiful Baskets Delivery

First, I want to thank everyone who volunteered at the site, I greatly appreciate it! Today's delivery was a success, small numbers but successful. The next date to order will be September 1st for Utah. Tell everyone you know, I would like to see our numbers go from 31 to 101 to insure they continue to deliver to us.

Today we got:

5- fuji apples
5- bananas
1lb container of strawberries
2- baby bok choy
1lb bag of carrots
1 head of cauliflower
bag of green grapes approximately 2lbs
head of Romaine lettuce
6 nectarines
1 butternut squash
5 tomatoes
1 cantaloupe

If there is a vegetable you don't love to eat and you can make homemade spaghetti sauce. I just cook down all kinds of vegetables in my sauce to boost the nutritional value and my family cannot taste the veggie they don't like in the sauce. Truly I only make spaghetti sauce this time of the year while I have the tomatoes to do it.


I found some info on the bok choy since I have never had it in my house before; Bok choy (also known as pak choi or Chinese cabbage) is a green leaf cabbage that is used quite often in Chinese cooking.
It is quite delicious, and can be eaten raw or cooked. Baby bok choy is a smaller, tender variety of bok choy.
Wrapped in paper towels and stored in the vegetable crisper section of the refrigerator, bok choy should keep for up to a week. When the time comes to start cooking, you'll find that bok choy is extremely adaptable. Boiling, steaming, stir-frying and even deep-frying are all possibilities.
Google bok choy recipes and find one that sounds good to you, there are many recipes to choose from.

1 comment:

  1. I went to the Mendon pick-up site..so nice to have it in the valley!! I will be bottling and freezing all the cherries I got :)

    ReplyDelete