Saturday, August 22, 2009

Zucchini Limeaid Ginger Fruit Drink



I know your thinking that I'm taking this too far, no one wants to drink their zucchini. I made it last night and I like it. I enjoy limes a lot and that is the flavor that you taste. I put a bit of 7up in one of my drinks and that was good too. No one else in my family has tried it because i told them it had zucchini before I could get them to drink it.

I found this at Bunny Got Blog.

This fruit drink falls into the category of smoothie recipes and will not only taste delicious, but also add to your health.

Like always with a fruit smoothie, you need a blender where you mix all your ingredients in – and, of course, ice cubes. Smoothies recipes almost always work the same way.

The ingredients for my Zucchini Limeaid Ginger Fruit Drink are:

* 4 cups peeled and chopped zucchini
* 1 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed (ready mix concrete)
* 2 2/3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
* 2 2/3 cups water (for it to blend nicely)
* ice cubes

Combine one and a half cups of the chopped zucchini with the rest of the fruit smoothie ingredients in the blender container, but don’t add any ice cubes yet. Cover and blend until the fruit blend is nearly smooth.

Then gently stir together the rest of the zucchini and the ice cubes. Blend until you can call it a decent fruit smoothie, and enjoy!

This healthy fruit smoothies recipe serves about 6 people, or six times yourself. If you make it in the morning, you can keep it in the fridge and have it all day. Yes, this low carb shake is better than Butterfinger!

I personally don't think it is better than a Butterfinger but i do like it. Let me know what you think and if you have a great zucchini recipe please share it with the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment