Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yummy Cookie Recipes

I LOVE cookies. I will not walk away from a warm, fresh out of the oven cookie. They truly are my Achilles' heel. I am sharing a couple of new cookie recipes that I have been given this past week. I hope that you all love cookies too.

The first one was passed onto me from my good friend Ginger. I haven't made them yet, but I can already tell they are going to be a favorite. Oatmeal, butter, brown sugar, and almonds . . . yummmm!

Oatmeal Cookies (Sister Loren C. Dunn)

Cream:
1 pound butter
2 Cup Sugar
4 Eggs
2 Cups Brown Sugar

Add:
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Soda
4 ½ Cups Flour

Stir in:
3 Cups Quick Oats
1 8oz Almond Hershey Bar, broken into pieces
1 pkg. Chocolate Chips

May add:
1 ½ Cups Raisins
1 ½ Cups Nuts

Bake at 400* for 10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE

This second recipe my daughter brought over on Sunday. Soooo rich and delicious noone was stopping at one or two or three, okay you get the point.

1 pkg of Oreos, I know cookies in a cookie recipe?
8oz cream cheese
chocolate for dipping

Crush the entire bag of Oreos. Mix in the cream cheese. Scoop into a ball, you decide the size. Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper and place in the freezer to set. Once they are frozen and your chocolate is melted take your Oreo nuggets and dip the entire cookie in chocolate and let set up. They are that simple.

My daughter did regular Oreos with white chocolate. You can create whatever combination you can dream up. Mint chocolate, vanilla Oreos, I want a peanut butter chocolate variety.

She told me that she bought a chunk of white dipping chocolate and used half of it? Not sure the exact poundage, but I'm thinking one bag of chips may not be enough. She made forty of them. I only wish we had taken a picture of them!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment