Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Shopping Yesterday

At Wal-Mart:

2 Gallons of Milk, used my dairy coupons

2 Tyson Skillet meal, $1 printable coupon & rebate

24 oz Dawn pure Essentials, $1.50 coupon was from 7/5 P&G

Juicy Fruit 4 pack gum, $1 coupon from a 7/12 SS

Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes, $1 printable coupon, sorry campaign ended today

My total after I receive my $5 rebate, cost of my Tyson Skillet Meal, my total for this purchase is $8.18!

At Albertson's:

2 cases of pint canning jars, I just noticed that they rang up for about a dollar more than the sign read; hmm, guess I'll be going in there today for a price adjustment. I paid $7.86 and used my 7/12 RP $2.50 coupon

4 Klondike 6 packs $4.99 BOGO, 2- $1/2 get yours here
2 half gallons Breyers, they make lactose free vanilla, $3.99 $1/2 get coupons here
from a previous purchase I had a $4/5 Albertsons coupon
Total for all six ice cream products is $10.96, if you have any doublers left you could save another three dollars. I have ice cream for the rest of the summer, I hope.

4 bags of 8 oz shredded cheese $1 each, used $1/2lb dairy coupon, total $3/4

8.52lbs ground beef $13.77, that is $1.62 per lb

Have you ever bought meat that they have marked down for quick sale?
Well I do when I have time to take care of it immediately after I get home with it. At Albertson's you may have noticed that they put 'Manager's Coupon' on the meat package. They are usually for $2 or $3 off. I have learned that if they have both coupons on the outside then the cashier uses both coupons for a combined savings of $5.
This is what is what I did to get my meat yesterday. While my dinner, Tyson Skillet Meal, was cooking I put the 4.5lb pack of the ground beef in a skillet to cook. With the other 4lb pack of ground beef I mixed in all the ingredients for Meat Loaf with 3lbs, formed the loafs, and put in the freezer. The other pound went into the freezer as well.
The 4.5lbs ground beef was cooked through so I added taco seasoning to one half and put it in the freezer in two freezer bags. The other 2lbs went into two bags without any seasonings. I like precooked items in the freezer for future quick meals and on these hot summer days it is nice to heat up the kitchen once as compared to the five or so more times I would have cooking each bag of meat individually.

Saving Time and money!

No comments:

Post a Comment