Friday, July 31, 2009

Beans, Beans, Beans

Do you cook with beans regularly? Do you know that they are a great way to stretch your families food budget? Are you aware of their protein content especially when mixed with grains?

I attended a bean class put on by the Nibley Stake back in May given by a woman, Shawna Johnson, who very regularly uses beans in her families diet. It was full of good information and they had a sample table of dishes made with beans or vegetable purees. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by their great taste. My eight year old was with me and she liked most of the dishes as well.

Click here for a direct link to more information about that class with details on preparing beans and the many recipes they shared with us. One of our personal favorite was the peanut butter and jelly muffins. Most kids love peanut butter so you can sneak some carrot nutrition in them at the same time. Enjoy and let me know if you have any recipes you'd like to share with us or if your family even noticed the extra protein or veggies you got in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment