Thursday, July 23, 2009

Freggie Drink


My sister-in-laws and their families have been drinking a fruit and vegetable drink you blend up that they call freggies. I was told that you get your days fruits and vegetable in this drink and when my brother-in-law said he has more energy the days that he drinks a freggieI wanted to know the recipe.
I have been drinking them every morning for over a week. I will warn you that it is green and my kids have a problem with that fact. My sons are big babies and won't drink it. My youngest daughter has drank several although she doesn't love it but I know she will benefit from drinking it. The first time I drank one I could taste the greens in it but now my husband and I enjoy it and mostly taste the fruits in the drink. I at least know that I have made a good food choice first thing in the morning.

Here is the recipe:

an apple
a banana
an orange
handful of baby spinach
handful of kale
handful of collard greens
6 frozen strawberries

Mix the first three ingredients together with some water then add the remaining ingredients until smooth. Note: I use 1/2 c water and then I add some ice cubes. I have found that it's a bit thinner and colder which makes it easier to drink for me.

I went to the store yesterday to buy more apples, oranges, bananas, kale, & collard for this drink. I spent $14.38. That pointed out to me what a good deal the Bountiful Baskets are! I'm looking forward to that pick up on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment