Thursday, July 23, 2009

What's happening with the Red Plum?

I have put off posting anything about the Red Plum Coupons being pulled from our newspapers because it is a big company and they have already made their decision about how they will be distributing their coupons so what good would it do to ask them to reconsider? I found this posting on Utah Deal Diva and found it to be a good article to share. When I put in my address I was informed that they would not be sending me the coupons. It did link me to their coupon printing site and I will follow the advice in the following article in hopes that they will send me a set coupons through the mail.



You might have heard by now that the Red Plum coupon inserts will no longer be included in the Sunday newspapers for the Deseret Morning News and Salt Lake Tribune. They say coupons will now be delivered in the mail on Tuesdays or Wednesdays instead. They've been doing this in cities all over the U.S. in an effort to expand their readership and help their ailing company survive.

I just received this email:
New, Starting the Week of July 26th

If you’re in the habit of looking in the newspaper for your RedPlum Coupon Book and it’s not there next weekend, don’t fret. It may be coming in the mail on Tuesday or Wednesday instead. We’re actually trying to get coupons and offers in more hands than ever, and in some areas, that means delivery by mail instead of the newspaper.

The reason why I haven't posted about this until now is because I was simply unsure as to how I felt about it. The company is struggling- it seems like a logical step to make any effort to expand readership. In this economy, I applaud Valassis for making taking steps to stay alive!

Yes, I do receive multiple papers, and yes I am sad that I won't have access to the Red Plum inserts every Sunday morning. However, I am also a huge fan of not spending money to save money. The thought of getting coupons delivered to my mailbox each week for free is pretty appealing to me.

So go and make friends with your non-couponing neighbors and see if you can snag some extra copies of the new "junk mail" that will begin coming each week. Talk to your mail delivery person and see if he or she has any copies. Get creative!

You can go here to see if your Red Plum will be coming via Sunday newspaper or by mail each week. Some of us here in Utah will get this message when you enter in your address:

Unfortunately, the RedPlum Coupon Book is not currently available in your area.

If you get this message, there is hope! Email your name and address to:
imwadrequest@supervalu.com
You'll be placed on a VIP list and will get your coupons until your area is included in the weekly circular.

No comments:

Post a Comment