Saturday, September 12, 2009

Enchilada Sauce

This enchilada sauce recipe is easy and one more thing that you can use with your garden tomatoes.

Enchilada Sauce

2 gallons tomato juice, thick (I just used the food processor to chop my tomatoes)
16 t. or cubes of beef bullion (cheap at Sam's Club)
3/4c chili powder (adjust for your families tastes buds, I used half)
1 heaping T. cumin
2T salt
4 Anaheim chilis, chopped (I had jalapenos)
4 cloves garlic, minced

Bring to a boil

In separate pan:
1 1/2 c. oil
1 heaping cup of flour
- Stir bringing to a boil. Add to sauce.

Water bath quarts & pints for 20 minutes.

It is yummy! I used half of the chili powder because that was all I had. Then when I tasted it I knew that was all the heat, with the jalapenos, that my daughter would be able to take. I always have Tabasco sauce sitting out for the guys any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment